Thursday, December 4, 2014

Project 3- Grids and Mood

During this project I explored emphasizing a certain aspect of a photograph that wood affect mood through color. The first part of this project was making grids. Taking one or more photos editing and rotation them to create a unique pattern. The first grid is made up from one photo that shows warm colors. I edited a photo of a screen to be different colors and then rotated each photo to create the pattern. The second grid shows cool colors. I used two photos to create this grid. One was a part of a sculpture down town Portland and the other a plant. I brought out the blue and green colors when editing and then rotated them to shape the pattern. The third grid is complementary colors blue and orange. The photos on the top and bottom are from a sculpture and the photos in the middle is part of a tree with the blue sky in the background. The last grid is monochrome/black and white. I blew up a photo of a flower and I made it unto nine different photos. I then grouped chose together and added a border. The border is from another sculpture.
The second part of this project was editing a photo to great a certain mood. The First photo was when I was walking around in Victoria, Canada. The blue sky and signal object makes the photo look cold, sad, and gloomy. The second photo I took on the way home from Victoria, Canada on the ferry. It has a calm and peaceful mood.
Warm Colors
Cool Colors
Complementary Colors
Monochrome

Mood: cold/ sad/ gloomy

Mood: calm/ peaceful

No comments:

Post a Comment