Thursday, January 15, 2015

Project 4- Balance and Contrast

For this project I experimented with showing contrast through scale, color, texture, and value. These kaleidoscopes are made up photos that show a lot texture. The first kaleidoscope is build from a rock wall. I edited the photo in Lightroom to show the contrast in the rocks colors. The second kaleidoscope is a set of stairs with leaves piled up in the left corner. I brought out the colors in the photo and then rotated each to make a unique pattern. The last kaleidoscope is a photo of a fountain wall. I changed the colors entirely and rotated it to create a pattern.




These triptychs are made up of some old and new photos. The fist triptych is from a park. I really liked this one because it shows symmetrical balance. I also edited each photo to have bright colors in the front and more washed towards the back. The second triptych is made up from the British Columbia Parliament building and the statue of Liberty. Both photos I took last summer when traveling. I like this triptych because the teal color pop and it has symmetrical balance. The photos of last triptych are all from a play ground. For this triptych I brought out one color in each photo.
For this diptych I used two photos I took when I was in Washington DC. The first photo is from a ceiling of a museum that reminded me of caging. Next to the vibrant leafs it reminds me of a garden. The second diptych is is from a water fountain. I edited it in Lightroom so only some colors would stand out. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment